Friday, February 17, 2006

A session with the instructor

hi guys !!

As most of u agree Sessions with ur instructor @ college r sometimes ( probably most of the times ) the worst things ever to undergo, A recently concluded session like this reInforced my belief.

One of the worst things is submitting reports. We as part of our final sem course are required to submit a report ( i dont understand the requirement of one page report, I always felt a reoprt shuld be as big as BHAGAVADGITA) . We scratched our heads for around two days and finally put in some words on that white sheet and submitted it to him, only to see him tearing the papers @ will just for a simple reason that we wrote them in ink instead of taking a prinout. This was a fortnight ago.

But today was simply horrible. We have a GD as an Evaluation component and it was like all ur worst nightmares coming true when he asked us to discuss about the " Jet taking over Air Sahara" or "Mittal taking over someX somewhere in Europe" . I knew nthing on both the topics n it was all lost even b4 it started. The later was finally selected (i myself voted 4 that only to regret later).

I never knew that the comapny was a European one. Soon, I started speaking like it was in India but escaped safely coz i never mentioned that it was in India. A Few seconds have passed and suddenly my friend, sitting next to me took over and started saying it would bring in a lot of revenue for the country n all. Another of my frenz who had a fair knowledge of that topic elobarated to us that it was actually a European company n not an indian one. Everyone started laughing( including our instructor) @ the persong sitting next to me :-) . The discussion went on for 5 more minutes n our embarassement increased with time, We knew nthin n spoke nthin....@ last to my delight my instructor concluded the GD with some of his viewpoints( he took 15 mins while all of us together took 5) ...........It was a session i would never 4get in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u said u dont understand how to write reports..
how come u wrote this much big report (the blog itself)!!!

Prasad (kkp) said...

oh i never said i dont know how to write reports, i just said i dont understand the requirement of submitting just a page of words as a report.