Sunday, March 09, 2008

Those were the best days of my life....


Two things have contributed to this post. First , i was listening to the song with the same title by Bryan Adams and secondly , i was looking at my orkut photos and saw the oldest photo of all - rajesh and me trying to pose as if we are ghoting.
Today , thousands of miles away, i sit in this room in a cold country and all my bitsian life seems as if it were a thing from another world. Eyebrows dont lift when i wear this sweatshirt and go to the office , people ask me BITS- pilani ? .. never heard of that ? (not every one ofcourse , some of them do know about it). All those days of adulation and the hype of being a BITSIAN , look as if they are gone. It has been more than an year and half since i spoke to some of those people who made my stay at BITS a worthy one and i am not sure if i would ever get a chance.

I still remember the last two days , 13th of December when most of my frenz left, 14th i had an exam and the 15th was the last day of my BITSIAN stay. I wasnt able to understand why so many people were crying and feeling sad. I was speaking to a lot of my frenz on the way to delhi and was saying , i dont feel psenti , what is there to get so emotional about that etc ... But now when i look back at those old fotos and think of all those good times , lachha sessions , night outs , tests , ANC , volley ball and c'nnot treats , i get a sense of nostalgia. The strange part of this feeling is that i never had it back in India , even after staying away for an year and a half. However , here in Helsinki , i suddenly remember pilani , not only because of the little similarities Helsinki has in terms of the climate , but also because i dont have any BITSIANS around me any more. Back in Bangalore , i used to see a couple of them either at the office or at home or on the Airport Road. Probably it is true that the day comes for every one.

However , looking at the positive side of things , i can easily say the 4 yrs of college life are worthy of memory . They made me what i am today (not that i had achieved sthin really gr8 , but hope to), they gave me sooooooo many memories , in addition to a little bit :) of knowledge . Atleast , they help me to write posts like this and at times take me back to the good old times of my dreams. Surely , "They were the best days of my life" and will remain so forever.

Enough of psenti stuff, i need to make my cup of chinese noodles, thinking of which i remember the fired maggi at ANC :( .... looks like this never ends.

**Thanks to sandi for the photo

1 comment:

Vee said...

very well written kkp :-)