Saturday, April 10, 2010

Getting into the groove

Had a relatively packed day yesterday. Went to Shishu Mandir early in the morning. It was a different experience. Asked the students to speak about themselves for a minute. Gave some guidelines on how to frame sentences and use basic grammar, followed this up with some songs and dance , played the tunes of "All iz well" . This work is excellent, challenging and exciting. Teaching is probably the best profession. To see someone remember lessons you taught them and apply them to become better is , well an awesome feeling.

Checked my toefl page and to my surprise the score was available. Didnt expect it till another 5 days. Scored a 114 (30-27-28-29) . I was always skeptical about the way i fared in the listening section . That lecture about some Egyptian scripts was damn confusing. I guess my speaking and writing sections really gave a boost. Guess it is a good score , considering the schools I am thinking of have an av of 110.

Had a 1.5hrs calls with my consultant for bschools. Roadmaps , teamwork , achievements, goals etc.. Kinda felt nice to explain to someone about my work. Hopefully , gods smile on me this year and I make it. Been researching schools and Duke , Ross, Kellog are certainly on the list. Not sure of my chances at these , but still they look to be good schools with a lot of opportunity for team activities. Need to browse others.

My fav Royal challengers Bangalore won again. Clinical performance. Sad to see Dada on the loosing side especially after batting well , but cricket is a game of uncertainities ... isnt it ?. Hope RCB gets to face KKR again in the Semis. This loyalty is getting to me. Kindaa difficult to take it when RCB looses :) . I wish DD gets thrashed today to spicen up the race to semis. MI look more or less like they have it. This bunch looks like it cant make many mistakes. All set for an exciting evening.

Now back to some more school research ......

No comments: